Before you apply...
Fritidspuljen supports the inclusion of refugee children in club- and leisure time activities. Such activities can be anything within the fields of sports, culture or creativity, for example scout groups, swimming lessons, football or arts and crafts. Activities must take place within organized leisure time clubs.
Who can apply?
Unaccompanied minors and children under the age of 18 whose parents (one or both) are recipients of the integration benefit can apply for financial support through Fritidspuljen.
How to apply
- Contact the club that offers the activity the child wants to attend. Ensure that there is a spot for the child on the team and inform the instructor that Fritidspuljen will pay the membership fees once the application is submitted, processed and approved.
- Fill out the online application form with, or on behalf of, the child’s parents or legal guardian. Please be aware that documentation is required. Attach the parent's latest payment notice to confirm the status as recipient of the integration benefit. For unaccompanied minors, attach the original residence permit issued by the Danish Immigration Service. Once you receive a receipt from Fritidspuljen by e-mail, your application has been submitted. You can expect an answer within 15 business days.
- If Fritidspuljen approves your application, you will receive a printed certificate by mail. You have to give the certificate to the instructor of the club where the child will be attending an activity. The club must then send an invoice to Fritidspuljen's e-mail before the expiration date of the certificate, after which the Fritidspuljen will pay the quota.
Please be aware that…
- The certificate is only valid for 3 months, and must be redeemed before its expiration date
- If you lose your printet certificate, you will NOT receive a new one
- Fritidspuljen can only support with 1.000 DKK per year to pay for membership fees (Danish: kontingent)
- If the child wants to continue with the leisure time activity after a year, you must send a new application
- The certificate can only be used for one activity in one club
- If you apply for more than one child, you have to fill out individual applications
- Fritidspuljen only pays invoices from clubs, and under no circumstances reimburses individual expenses
Feel free to contact Fritidspuljen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +45 26 11 06 22.